The proportions here are slightly inverted as you can see by our little red friend. Today we learned to use the traditional Japanese stab-stitch; typically, this is done with rice paper, but we had some glossy card-stock lying around and decided to cut the pages individually.
It ended up being a bit difficult to punch the holes with our bodkin, but we managed fairly well, even though by the end, we realised that we´d been a bit cheap with the thread and had to find a clever means by which to finish the stitch and knot the thread. Thus, you are welcomed by the presence of our companion.
The cover is simply a cropped postcard. Everything, save the thread, is found.
The second and third books we´ve made utilise the pamphlet stitch, using only three holes. It´s very easy and the best part is that no glue is necessary. It´s quite possible with only a little imagination to make several and various alterations to this design.
The white book on the left is a simple chap book and the smaller, on the right, is made using recycled tea bags and packaging, based on the design of Trial & Error. We´ve created a how-to video of the process!
This book is actually a combination of your average accordion-fold and a simple cover; the pages can be removed and replaced by any other accordion and in fact this style of cover can be used with many types of folds, this one just happened to be what was offered as an example in our source book: The Bookbinding Handbook by Sue Doggett.
NOTE: Generally, all materials used are found.